eCommerce has been a big buzz word for the last decade and will still be in future. The secret about a good eCommerce is usability, scalability and compatibility. At Eze Webdesign we use two different packages which have been proven to work in many situations. Our eCommerce solutions start at £500. So this doesn't need to be an expensive investment. All the eCommerce solutions we offer are online based and don't need constant uploading or downloading of pages and orders like some Windows based solutions.
Magento is an all inclusive eCommerce package with some CMS (Content Management System). For the front-end design it uses a template system which can be changed at any time. There are also many modules and extensions available to make it work better. For payment gateways you can use paypal, sagepay or any other payment gateway.
Some features include inventory for different options of the same product, flexible pricing and discounting system. The shipping system can automatically calculate costs. Additional to that Magento allows you to have a multi store set up where you can have an unlimited amount of online stores which are handled from one server.
There are many online retailers who use Magento, some of which are The North Face, Nespresso, Lenovo and Samsung.
VirtueMart is a Joomla component which offers great integartion to an already existing CMS platform. Again there are many extensions to, templates and payment gateways available and integration or migration is in most cases fairly easy.
This package has all the flexibility and user friendly system you would only expect from a CMS platform. Ths is because it is a Content Management System. Some features are:
- capable of using Secure Sockets Layer (https) Encryption (128-bit)
- flexible Tax Models
- Model 1: ShipTo Address-based Tax Calculation
- Model 2: Store Address-based Tax Calculation
- Model 3: EU Mode (Store Owner based Tax Calculation when Customer comes from an EU Country)
- Shoppers can manage their User Accounts (registration required)
- Shipping Address Management (Customers can enter their own Shipping Addresses)
- Order History: Shopper can view all their previous Orders (and Order Details)
- Order Confirmation Mail (customizable!) is sent to Shopper and Store Owner
- Multiple Currencies (you can allow Customers to change the Currency and buy using an alternative Currency)
- Multiple Languages (using the Joomla! Component Joom!Fish or Nooku).
Product Catalog Features
- Manages an unlimited Number of Products and Categories
- Can be used as a Shop or just as an Online-Catalog (you can even turn off Price Display)
- quick Search for Products, Categories and Manufacturers; filter by features or discounted Products
- Product Ratings & Testimonials (moderated or auto-published)
- feature specific Products by setting them "on special"
- Product Availability: show how fast a Customer can expect delivery
- Handles downloadable Products (virtual Goods)
- "Product is back in Stock"-Notification for subscribed Customers
- multiple Images and Files (like Spec Sheets and Flyers) per Product
- Product Attributes (like Size or Color) can be added to Product
- Product Types for Classification (like "Car", "Motorbike" or "Music Album")
- Shopper Groups for Customers (allows different Price Levels and Payment Options),
- multiple Prices per Product (Quantity-based and/or Shopper Group-based Prices)
- flexible Price Display (number & currency formatting; including or excluding tax)
- On-the-Fly Price Conversion between different Currencies using Live Rates from the ECB or other banks
- Shop Statistics / Control Panel with a Summary of new Customers, new Orders....
- Stock Level Control for Products and Item
- Order Management with Order History, Customer Notification and Order Edit Functionality
- basic Reporting Feature: sold Items, monthly/yearly Revenue
- Order Status Management
- manage different Currencies, Countries & States
- capable of live Credit Card Processing
- pre-defined Payment Gateways like authorize.net®, PayPal, 2Checkout, eWay, Worldpay, PayMate and NoChex
- extend your Shop with other Payment Modules using the Payment Module API!
- flexible Shipping Carriers and Rates Configuration
- Live-Shipping Rates using Shipping Modules (e.g. InterShipper, UPS, USPS, FedEx or Canada Post; Modules can use the Shipping Rate API).
- extend your Shop with other Shipping Modules using the Shipping Module API!